May 2, 2017

Inside the Fatshark Aviators

My FPV goggles has started giving up on me, or they more or less have already. There seems to be a malfunction in the power supply causing the goggles to restart every now and then. And that's not a good thing.

I decided to take them apart to see if I could locate the issue. So, I couldn't fix them (I'm not an electronics engineer).

What surprised me most was the very poor quality I found inside. Plastic wiring, dirty circuit boards and broken off plastic parts to make the parts fit inside the shell. And to get the receiver board to fit inside they have actually milled off a part of the RF shield.

Fatshark RF shield, fixed from factory?

Seriously! Where can I find the magic inside those plastic shells that motivated the price of this product?

No comments :

Post a Comment